sexta-feira, 1 de março de 2013

Not to grow up

I was never a well behaved little girl, I was never the perfect child who did everything right and wore little dresses and had proper lady manners. I always wanted to walk bare foot when everyone else was wearing shoes, I was the one sitting on the floor when everyone else was sitting on chairs, I would run when I was supposed to walk, laugh when I was supposed to be quiet. Somewhere along the way I tamed that non-conventional spirit, put it inside a golden cage, hoping that time would just shape it into some law-abiding-society's-rules follower. In the process I forgot who I was and had to face a lot of pain as a consequence. I started trying to please everyone, started caring about what everyone thought was best for me and started following everyone's opinions on how my life should be. Inevitably, it led me to a life of inner desperation, hidden by a smiling mask.
One day the pain, the emptiness, the hole inside me was just too big...I had finally had enough, I needed to get out of that golden cage.
I decided to set myself free from "you are supposed to do that" life and started living the "I am different" life. I am finally happy for the first time since I was 13, I finally don't need the approval of anyone to do whatever I want and need. I am, at last, free, wholesome and my smile is not fake any more.
So, stick your tongue out, jump, run when you feel like it, stand still if you want to, laugh, cry or scream. Listen to that little child that you used to be, because that child is the only one who can break you free from suffering into a new life!

Eu nunca fui uma menina bem comportada, nunca fui a crianca perfeita, que faz tudo direitinho, nunca parte um prato, usa vestidos muito lindos e tem maneiras de senhora. Eu queria andar descalca quando era suposto usar sapatos, era a que se sentava no chao quando toda a gente estava sentada em cadeiras, era a que corria quando era suposto andar e era a que ria quando era suposto estar em silencio. Algures no meu caminho acabei por domesticar esse espirito rebelde e prende-lo dentro de uma gaiola dourada, na esperanca que o tempo o transformasse em algo que soubesse seguir as regras. Neste caminho, esqueci quem era e como consequencia criou-se uma dor imensa em mim. Comecei a tentar agradar a toda a gente, comecei a dar demasiada importancia ao que os outros pensavam sobre mim e comecei a seguir o que os outros achavam ser o melhor caminho para a minha vida.

1 comentário:

  1. Tu és... LINDA! :D Morro de saudades tuas! Estou muito feliz por estares feliz. Abraço gigante!

    ResponderEliminar